Last Updated: August 1, 2023
Harland Clarke Corp., a Vericast Business ("Harland Clarke"), knows that you care about how information about you is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust that we will do so carefully and sensibly. This Privacy Notice applies to Harland Clarke’s processing of Personal Information for the purposes of Vericast’s Financial Services Solutions, including:
- Non-marketing related Solutions to support our financial institution Clients, including contact center services, fraud protection, check-printing, forms-printing, and card manufacturing and issuance
- Checks and related accessories for consumers, businesses, and organizations, ordered through our (or our Clients’) check order websites
Privacy Notice Changes
We may change this Notice at any time. Any changes to this Notice will be posted on this website; therefore, we encourage you to visit this area periodically to stay informed. If we make changes that materially affect the way we handle information that we previously collected pursuant to this Notice, we will notify you and allow you to choose whether your information previously provided may be used in such a materially different manner.
Your Acceptance of these Terms
By purchasing products or services from Harland Clarke or using this website, you consent to this Privacy Notice. If you do not agree with this Notice, please do not purchase from Harland Clarke or use this website.
Children and Minors
This website is directed at adult consumers and guests. We do not knowingly solicit data from, or market to, individuals under age 18. Should minors access our website, we are confident that parents will not judge any of the information provided as objectionable for viewing. If you are under 18, you may use the website only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Harland Clarke is not responsible for the content, privacy practices, or information practices employed by sites linked to or from this website, including but not limited to your financial institution, multi-level marketing organization, club membership, or third-party check printer’s website. Please contact the applicable third party for more information regarding their privacy practices or information practices utilized on their website.
Types of Information We Collect
We collect information in a few different ways: (i) information you submit or give us permission to obtain; (ii) technical information collected automatically; and (iii) information provided by our business partners. Each of these ways is discussed below.
Categories of Information We Collect
We collect the following types of Personal Information:
- Contact information, such as name, address, email address, telephone numbers, or other addresses at which you receive communications or products from or on behalf of Harland Clarke;
- Commercial information, including records of the products and services purchased or obtained in connection with the services we provide you;
- Financial account information, such as the name of your financial institution, your routing number and account number, which is used to provide financial products and services to you;
- Payment and other order information, including re-order information and information related to requests for assistance with an order;
- Security information that helps us verify that you are who you say you are to protect your accounts and prevent fraud. This includes without limitation, device or internet-usage related information, social security number, birth date, and other out-of-wallet information;
- Biometric information, including recordings of your voice when you place a call to our contact center, which maintains recorded lines for quality assurance and security purposes; and
- Other information about you from your financial institution so we may fulfill your order, which may serve purposes such as verifying your identity, confirming your account information, and processing your payment.
Information You Submit or Give Us Permission to Obtain
We collect information from you when you choose to provide it to us through our online or offline environments. For example, if you:
- Order our products and services, you may provide us with information such as your name, postal address, email address, bank information, payment information, what you ordered, and any other information you choose to provide;
- Request support or submit an inquiry, you may provide us with information such as your name, contact information, the subject of your inquiry, message content, and any other information you choose to provide;
- Sign up to receive information about our products and services, you may provide us with information such as your name, contact information, the product or service you are interested in, and any other information you choose to provide; or
- Respond to surveys, you may provide us with your survey responses, contact information, and any other information required to complete the survey.
Technical Information Collected Automatically
Information Provided by Our Business Partners
Our advertising vendors and other partners may share with us the information they collect. For example, our advertising vendors may share information with us regarding our ads on websites or apps where such ads run to measure and improve those ads, including information like whether clicks on ads led to purchases or a list of criteria to use in targeting ads.
We may obtain information from our other partners, such as co-sponsors who we may occasionally partner with to run special contests or other co-branded promotions.
We may receive information about consumers when we acquire part or all of other companies.
We may receive information about you from your financial institution so that we can fulfill your order, which may serve purposes such as verifying your identity, confirming your account information, and processing your payment.
We may combine the information we collect through one or more of our online environments with information we collect through other online environments. We may also combine information collected through our online environments with information collected through our offline environments, as well as with information provided by our partners. We use this consolidated information to help us improve our online environments, products and services, communicate information to you, enhance our marketing and research activities, and engage in any other uses described in the "How We Use Information We Collect" section below.
How We Use Information We Collect
Harland Clarke uses the information we collect to provide our products and services to you, improve our products and services, develop new products and services, and protect ourselves, our Clients, and our consumers. We may also use your information to provide you with order confirmation and shipment notifications. Unless you ask us not to, we may also use your information to communicate with you about products, services, and promotions in the future.
Harland Clarke may provide your information to third-party service providers who assist us in fulfilling your order, as well as to your financial institution for customer verification and fraud prevention purposes. All of our third-party service providers are required by contract not to otherwise disclose your Personal Information or use it for any purpose other than in strict accordance with our guidance and instructions. More information about the sharing of your information with third parties is found below in the When and Why Harland Clarke Discloses Your Information section.
If you place an order with us, the information we collect may be used to maintain your order history, provide you with access to some features of our online environments, or offer you the benefits and privileges that are provided to past customers. This may include purchasing products or services or use of exclusive or personalized content or activities.
We may also use the information we collect for other legitimate business purposes, such as to:
- Send you notices and other information regarding our products and services;
- Respond to your inquiries or support requests;
- Invite you to participate in surveys regarding our (or our Client’s) products or services.
Some of our applications and mobile-optimized online environments may have location-based features. To deliver these features, we may access and use location data provided by your mobile device. Location information will be collected solely to deliver the requested feature, and it will not be further retained or stored by us.
If you provide an email address, Harland Clarke has your permission to send you email messages using an automatic emailing system for commercial or transactional purposes. We may contact you via email for purposes of servicing your account, which may include sending you order confirmation emails, as well as (for check customers) sending you a check reorder reminder. If you select the option, we may use SMS notifications to confirm and track orders you place with us.
If you choose to opt-in to our emails, we may also contact you with special offers and discounts. You may opt out of these emails using the unsubscribe link in the footer of any of our emails.
When and Why Harland Clarke Discloses Your Information
Harland Clarke may disclose each of the categories of Personal Information listed in the section above, Types of Information We Collect, to our third parties in order to provide you with our products and services.
Harland Clarke may use third-party companies to perform services on our behalf and at our direction (with the permission of Clients, when required) to help Harland Clarke communicate with consumers or provide them with products or services. In these instances, Harland Clarke has written agreements that require the parties with whom we share information to keep it safe and confidential and to use it only for the purposes specified. For example:
- We may provide your information to third-party service providers that we have engaged to assist us in communicating with you.
- We may also provide your information to third-party service providers who assist us in fulfilling your order, as well as to financial institutions for customer verification and fraud prevention purposes. All of our third-party service providers are required by contract not to otherwise disclose your Personal Information or use it for any purpose that is not consistent with this Notice.
- We have relationships with different vendors and suppliers who help us design and maintain our online environments, systems, and computer security, respond to consumer inquiries, fulfill orders, analyze our data, and engage in any other information uses described in this Notice.
We may partner with other companies to provide you with products, services, or content on a joint or "co-branded" basis. If we offer co-branded products, services, or content, you will see both our logo and the logo of the co-branded partner. To access co-branded products, services, or content, you may have to provide certain requested information which may be shared with our co-branded partners. You should read the individual privacy statements of our co-branded partners, as these may differ in some respects from ours. Reading these statements will help you to make an informed decision about whether to provide your information. Remember, you can always opt-out of sharing your information with a co-branded partner by choosing not to use the product, service, or content provided by us and the co-branded partner. We may also partner with other companies with which we may share your information for cross-marketing purposes.
Harland Clarke retains the Personal Information we process for our Financial Services Solutions for as long as necessary to provide you or our financial institution Clients with our products and services and to meet our legal and regulatory obligations.
Gramm Leach Bliley Act ("GLBA")
Harland Clarke maintains policies and procedures designed to ensure that your Personal Information is used appropriately and within the scope of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA), which is the federal law that regulates consumer financial privacy. These policies and procedures apply to all Personal Information that is provided to Harland Clarke in connection with our check websites, check printing services, and other Financial Services Solutions, as well as to data provided by our financial institution Clients.
State Privacy Laws – GLBA Exemption
Harland Clarke does not sell Personal Information. The information that Harland Clarke collects, processes, or discloses pursuant to the GLBA—such as information obtained in connection with the placement of orders through our check websites—is exempt from state privacy laws. All such Personal Information is processed in accordance with the GLBA and its implementing regulations.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact us at email@example.com or at the address listed below.
Information Security and Privacy Group
15955 La Cantera Parkway
San Antonio, Texas 78256